- Who we are
Compliance Solution Life Sciences provides medical device consultancy services and is made up from a number of related businesses:
- Compliance Solutions (Lifesciences) Ltd
- CS Lifesciences Europe Limited
For simplicity throughout this notice, ‘we’ and ‘us’ will represent the businesses listed above.
2. Legal bases we rely on
We collect and process your data with your consent, for example, when you submit your details through a contact form on the website.
- Contractual Obligations
We will need to collect and process your personal data to allow us to carry out the services we offer when we enter into a contract with you to supply specific services.
- Legal Compliance
We may be required by law to collect and process your data, for example, financial data needs to be kept for a statutory period by law.
- Legitimate Interest
In specific situations, we process your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests
3. Data we collect, how we collect it and how it is used
The data we collect and process is provided directly to us when:
- you interact with our website
- you contact us directly by email or by phone
- we supply services to you
- you are a member of our team, or enquire to become a member of our team
We will only collect and process the data required for a specific purpose, or data you consent for us to collect and process. This data typically includes:
- Contact details (address, phone, email)
- Email correspondence with us
- Details of payments made to us
- CV and other employment related information
We will only use the data you provide for replies, quotes, invoicing, project related work, and other related services. We will never share your personal data without you being fully informed that we are doing so.
4. How we store and protect your personal data
Your personal data will always be treated in the strictest confidence.
We store your personal data on standard IT infrastructure provided by Microsoft, Google or Dropbox. Data is secured on these platforms and access to any data is password protected. Where relevant, we will use higher level of security such as multifactor authentication.
5. The length of time we will store you personal data for
Where data is processed for reasons other than consent, we will only keep your data for the minimum period necessary to meet our legal obligations. This may be for several years after the initial reason we gathered your data, for some types of data.
Where you have consented to us processing your data, we will continue to store it while we feel it may be beneficial us, or until you withdraw your consent (see section 6).
6. The rights you have over your personal data
You have the right to:
- Be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. That is covered in this document.
- Request access to the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of your personal data when it is incorrect or incomplete.
- Request deletion of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request we restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Object to processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Request the transfer of you information to another entity in certain circumstances.
- Withdraw consent for us to process your personal data.
If we choose not to action your request, we will explain the reasons for our refusal. We will only refuse if there are overriding reasons for us to do so, for example, if you request deletion of your personal data, we may not be able to fulfil this request if that data includes financial information as there is an overriding legal requirement.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
7. Our use of ‘cookies’
A cookie is a small piece of data or message that is sent from a web server to your browser and is stored on your hard drive. It is used to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information.
A cookie can’t read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Cookies do not damage your system.
If you choose not to accept our cookies, some of the features of our website may not work as well as we intend.
We may use the following cookies:
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you – Google Adwords, Facebook Custom Audience, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads
- Analytics and customization cookies – these cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form, to help us improve our website or our marketing campaigns, or to help us customize our Websites for you
8. Website recording we use
Our website may use a number of analytics tools and recording services. These services may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected is anonymized and for our internal use only. The information collected is used to improve our website usability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
9. How to complain
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk